Winter?

Let's get this straight it is still Autumn as far as I know. Have they changed the seasons without telling me, have they? 
I keep hearing the reporters on the news referring to it being Winter but as far as I am aware Winter doesn't start until 21st December. 

This was the scene on the road next to my house at around 4pm yesterday. People abandoned their cars and walked the rest of the way home. The whole of the area had ground to a halt by 6pm when the roads were complete blocked by cars that couldn't get up the hills to the village. Both of our cars spent the night sitting on a verge next to the M20. Thankfully it wasn't far to walk home and this morning the gritting lorries had been a cleared a path for us to retrieve them and make our way up the hills. If this is Autumn though I do wonder what Winter has in store for us? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you will find that winter will offer more of the same!
Have a very happy Christmas ;-) x

Rosie said...

Happy Christmas to you too Sal. x