Friday was so busy at work. The Christmas Fayre had to be cancelled on the previous Saturday due to the snow and it was decided to go ahead and have it on Friday afternoon from 2 o'clock until 4.30pm . I had thought I wouldn't have my craft stall as I was supposed to be working but another one of the stallholders persuaded her mum to come and stand in for us. I did well and sold quite a lot of my Christmas decorations including the Gingerbread men and snowflakes.
As soon as it was finished I dashed home and picked up a change of clothes and headed off with OH for a night away. In the summer he had booked a £12 room at the Travelodge in Devices and we arrived there about 7.30pm. Dinner that evening was from the Subway which is inside the same building. I love Veggie Delite from Subway it's a meal in it's self.
Next morning we got up early and went to Bath. The main reason for going there was to see the Christmas Market. It was long before the streets were very busy and it was difficult to see the stall but we manage to buy a few things and also from the shops.
I also saw OH disappear into Pia for what I think is my Christmas present. I have hinted that I like some earrings in their catalogue and left it lying around with a big circle around them. You have to do that sort of thing at my house or he would complain he hasn't a clue what to get me and I could end up with something he wanted instead.
We decided to head home before it got dark so I missed how it must have looked at night time. Never mind we had a fabulous time and were home in time for Strictly Come Dancing.
OH has said he was glad to get home because he missed our new mattress topper so much and the mattress at the Travelodge was lumpy. We bought a memory foam one a few weeks ago and I must agree it's like sleeping on a cloud. Not sure what this means. I wonder if he will want to go away again. I've told him I think he is getting old and what can you expect for £12.
Hey ho, still some more shopping to do next weekend. It's not far to go the Christmas Market and shops of nearby Canterbury he can be home that night to his mattress.
3 comments:
Good to hear that you had fun in Bath.. and thank you for your blog comment. Have a good week. xx
Glad you enjoyed your break, Rosie. Bath is one of my favourite places.
Ah, lovely - Bath is one of my favourite places. Glad you enjoyed your stay:)
Post a Comment