I've had breadmaker over two years ago and far from being consigned to the back of a cupboard or left to gather dust I still make a loaf in it at least once a week. It's so simple especially during the winter months and also handy when a chunky of crusty bread is required to go with homesmade soup.
Yesterday I made a Spicy Parsnip Soup from an old recipe book I have been using since 1991. It's out of print now and my copy is looking rather sad and battered but the food taste just a delicious.
I also made a Cheese and Onion loaf (from a mix from the supermarket I hasten to add. Thats's why it's so simple).
It was just the thing on a rainy, wintery, Saturday.
Today I made Slug and Celery Soup a recipe from my newest cookery book
I love the name of this soup and to top it all it tastes delightful. Eldest son's face was a picture when asked if he wanted any soup for lunch. When I said the name of it he screwed his face up. I told him I had freshly picked the slugs form the garden that morning. If you don't know already the slug is really a slug of white wine.
If you fancy making it yourself or some of the others from the book here is a link

7 comments:
I have a bread maker and it IS still in the back of the cupboard! You have shamed me..I will try and get it out this week!
I love soup..any sort,with crusty bread!
;-)
We have a breadmaker too but I only started using it regularly just before Christmas. Very handy for fresh, crusty loaves and if you run out of shop bread and can't be bothered to go shopping.
My bread maker is still in the back of the cupboard..... I feel bad now, maybe I should get it out! My bread was always really rubbish, hence why I don't use it anymore......maybe today as I've got soup for lunch :)
Nothing better than homemade soup and bread on a cold, miserable day. Both of your soups look so tasty, as does your bread. Like the new name and look by the way - will alter my link to your new name:)
My bread maker has been moved to the attic because I now make my bread by hand. So quick and tastes delicious. Try the bran loaf from that book. It is a staple in our house. But I use slightly less bran and sugar and throw in chopped dates and seeds as well. YUMMY.
And Fastest ever fishcakes pg 116. There are never enough.
Hello
Many Thanks for Your sweet comment :o)
The parsnip soup sounds delicious and it all looks lovely on Your pretty crockery. I agree, there really is nothing like the smell or taste of freshly baked bread. Bread and soup is such a simple, economical and nutritious meal as well as extreemly tasty...Mmmmmm this post has made me feel pretty hungry :o)
p.s. I have that book too and Love it.
Post a Comment