To mum


When she was alive it was always a pain that mum had her birthday a few weeks after Christmas. I was frequently short of cash and still trying to pay of the credit cards. I bought her things for Christmas I knew she wanted and found it difficult to think of something different and so it often ended up being last minute flowers or chocolates. Always received with a smile.
But how I wish that today 13 th January I had had that dilema and I know what I would have given that she would have loved. A hug and told how much I love her. Cost nothing means everything! There would be a bunch of flowers or box of chocs as well of course. If your mum is still alive then give her a hug and tell her you love her and don't wait for her birthday either.
Sorry if this sounds a bit slushy x

7 comments:

Tina said...

I understand what you feel Rosie. My mum's birthday was on the 7th of Jan. I wish so much she could be alive to see her first grandson that was born very close to her birthday.
Be sure your mum will always be looking after you.
xx

Rosie said...

I know how you feel, Rosie! I bet she appreciated you being there for her birthday no matter what gift you gave - I know my Mum did:)

Marylène said...

My dad was born 2 days after Xmas day...He died 18 years ago...Every 27th of december, I think of him ...I've said to him , a few days before his dead, that I love him and it's the most beautiful thing that I have made for him...
Sorry for the mistakes but I'm from Belgium and speak french.
Your " post" was very lovely and touching : thank you !
Marylène

Vintage to Victorian said...

Hi Rosie

A lovely post. The photo of your Mum reminded me of one I have of my Mum(89 on 20th Jan and thankfully fighting fit) - such a resemblance that I had to look twice!

Whilst I still have my Mum, Dad died suddenly 36 years ago, knowing I was just pregnant. By chance I had visited them twice in the 2 days before his death and had sat on his knee at the age of 23! Something I hadn't done for years.

I'm sure your day was filled with happy memories to wrap around the sadness.

Sue x

Rosie said...

Thank you for the lovely comments. Isobel, Rosie, Sue and Marylene your kind words made me feel much better. Mum knew I loved her but I still wish I had told her more often xx

Anonymous said...

You are very Loving daughter and that must always have been a blessing for Your Mum. The photograph is Lovely, it must have been very hard to lose her.
I don't think it's a slushy post, I think it's very beautiful and heartfelt xxx

badger said...

This is a lovely post straight from the heart not slushy at all, just sentimental. If my recent experiences are anything to go by I am sure your mother watches over you and knows what you feel
Janet xx