Many years ago

When I was very small one of the first jobs my mum let me do to help around the house was to polish the brass. In those days we had quite a few things, such as candlesticks, horse-brasses, bowls and ashtrays if I remember correctly. Some of the items I may still have packed in the loft.
Well today the memory came flooding back as I sat polishing by Laura Ashley candlesticks that were a present about 15 years ago. Unlike my mum I rarely polish them but last week I looked at them and suddenly thought how awful they looked. As you can see from the one on the left they look better for a bit of Brasso and and as mum said a bit of elbow grease.

We had book week at school this week and the theme was castles and knights. An good excuse for use to dress up as princesses and damsels. It was lots of fun with the Head and deputy as King and Queen at a Banquet (lunch) on Monday.
I think it will have encouraged a few more children to read more and to write about medieval times and taught them quite a bit about life back then.

I had a shock when I saw this but it was for decorations.It is real! Seeing this makes me realize why I am a vegetarian.
For decorative purposes only. This was a real salmon but it look a little worse for wear.
The tables were set out in rows and the children had to break the bread and eat with fingers.
Harley ran away when he saw me dressed up. I brought on Ebay for £14.95 which was chepaer than hiring a costume for the day.

3 comments:

Jennytc said...

Great photo, Rosie! I used to love Book Days at our school and the chance to dress up. :)

Simone said...

And very nice you look too in your costume! You should have a got a wimple hat to top it!!! x

melanie said...

Great post Rosie, you look great in your costume :) xxxxx