I've only recently found Elspeth Thompson's blog after receiving the The Wonderful Weekend book as a Christmas present. I was fascinated on her story of turning the old railway carriage into a home and even more interested when I realised she lived not too far away me on the South East coast. However when I went to have a look at what she had been up to recently today, I was shocked to find a message from her husband says she had died.
At only 48, with a young daughter and so many plans for the future her family must be devastated. She gave me inspiration and made me think perhaps I should look for my own eco lifestyle.
With everything that has happened recently it's made me even more determined to put our plans into action instead of saying every year that maybe next year we will do it. No more procrastinating !
8 comments:
It was very sad news. It has brought home to me again how fleeting life is. Go on Rosie - just do it!!! x
Very sad news indeed, tragic.
I think what's particularly tragic is that, according to the Telegraph, she had been very depressed recently and took her own life. So very sad.
oh my Rosie, what a very sad thing. thanks for showing me this,
loisxx
wow, just spent the last 30 minutes reading her blog(s)and looking over her website. What an inspiring life.
How tragic. We loved her column in the guardian, always an inspiration.
Things like this make you cherish all the joy you have in your life and not take your emotional and spiritual well being for granted. It's no good showing the world a smile if you are not smiling on the inside.
It is indeed, very sad news. I had been following her blog for a while and have her Wonderful Weekend Book and enjoyed both so much. I remember her post about the loss of her mother last year and wondered if this was a factor in her growing depression - how sad she was in such despair but how sad for her family and friends to cope with such a loss. She was an inspirational writer and had so much to give and to live for.
It does make you think about things doesn't it?
it just shows that she will live on through the inspiration she gave to others.
thank you so much for your kind and supportive comment on my blog xxx
wishing you a lovely easter week xxx
sumea
Post a Comment