Day 1 Week 1


If I had a penny for every time I had started the New Year with plans to change something, lose weight, stop spending so much and pay of the credit cards or do something adventurous that coming year, I would have enough money to buy a bar of chocolate or in the case of Sainsbury's Basic bars of choc, enough money to buy two bars.
I've given up in the past few years making resolutions as otherwise on New Years Eve I end up feeling a failure. What I do is I make lists of ideas and plans which for me is different. The difference being as I write them I tell myself its OK if I don't acheive them as they are only ideas! Am I kdding myself?  Probably!
Christmas was fabulous with the boys home and no pressure to do anything. I have slept more in the last two weeks than I have in months. We didn't have much money any of us for presents but never the less we all recived some lovely gifts.
Harley had a very busy time on  Christmas Day opening presents and playing with his toys.

We have had Gingerbread Latte's everyday with delicious Gingerbread men made for me by my friend Margaret.

The sewing kit was from my sons girlfriend. I thought it was very sweet of her to find something she knew I would enjoy even  though she we haven't known her long.

I am loving these two books. One from my dear friend Jo and the other from ES. I can recommend both of them.

OH gave me a jewellery box and tickets for the Strictly Come Dancing Show at the O2 in February.
I hope you all had a good Christmas and may you all have what wish for in the New Year whether it be one of your resolutions or on a to do list!
On my list of to do's in 2010 is not to get any fatter!
My weight:66kg
Far too much and must attempt to do something about this!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Happy New Year, Rosie!
I can't be doing with resolutions ;-)
Have fun ;-)

Josie-Mary said...

I have nothing to say about weight!! This time last year I'd thought I'd lost weight only to find my scale were wrong :( I would like to be happy in 2010.... spend more time for myself. Are you back on Monday? Glad you had a good 2 weeks off & you had some great gifts. I like the sewing kit, how thoughtful of her. I have the cookbook but I really wanted the weekend one...maybe I'll treat myself :)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Rosie! Hope 2010 is a good one for you.
Sal ;-)

Rosie said...

Mmm- the gingerbread lattes look good. I love the Wonderful Weekend Book - her recipes are great - I've made the cheese pie loads of times since I had that book:)