London Part 2-Calendar Girls

We were fortunate enough to see one of the last Calendar Girls shows with the original cast of Lynda Bellingham, Patricia Hodge etc.

I've seen the film several times and followed the story from it's early days when 10 years ago I purchased one of the first calendars to send to my brother as a joke.

It has always been something very dear to me as my mum died of Leukemia nearly 17 years ago.

We thoroughly enjoyed the evening and although I cried remembering how my mum faded away just like John I also laughed as it is a very funny show.

I came away feeling very happy as I know mum would have loved what the real Calendar Girls did and she would have laughed so much at the show.
Click on the link to purchase your own calendar or other goodies.

Thanks Girls! x

2 comments:

Rosie said...

I loved the Calendar Girls film. My father died of leukemia when I was just five years old and I don't remember too much about how ill he was:)

Lois said...

I remember watching a documentary on the Calendar Girls. My sisters name (before she was married) is 'Lynda Billingham' Glad you were able to see it.