I thought I would show you a few photos from my album taken last summer. These were taken at another one of my favourite places to go not far from my home in Kent. Ok it doesn't have the sandy beaches of Cornwall but it does have history and lovely scenery. The historic village is further back inland and to get to St Margaret at Cliffe Bay you travel up and down a long narrow road. When you get there you can see these houses that were once owned by people such as Ian Fleming and Noel Coward. Ian Fleming is said to have written some of the James Bond books from here. The bus that goes from London to nearby Dover used to be
the number 007 and of course James Bond was said to have been born in nearby Canterbury. I can image him sitting clattering away on an old typewriter and looking out across the channel. It must have been pretty dismal on a wet winday day and I see why he moved to a sunnier warmer climate in his later years.
The person with the mass of curly hair is me.
From the three houses they would have looked across to the cliff top where you can nowadays you visit the The Pines Garden and down on the beach if you look you can to find fossils or at low tide search for sealife amongst the rock pools.



5 comments:
Thanks for showing such lovely summery pitures. It has been so grey and miserable here today but now the sun has popped out for a minute! I love your mass of curly hair!
Enviably slim too! Grrrrrr!!
It looks a lovely place, Rosie, no wonder it is one of your favourite places :)
Simone-It cheered me up looking at them and remembering how sunny it was.
Jenny- Don't worry I'm not that slim unfortunately :(
Rosie- There some lovely places here in Kent but I still miss the Peak District and surrounding area.
Roll on summer...the blue skies look so appealing.Lovely photos!!
;-)
Post a Comment