The times they are a changing


Phew! it has been a busy week and at last it's Friday evening. There are possibly going to be some big changes where I work in the next year. Next week I am going on a visit to the Academy School and also to a meeting to discuss the future of our school. At the moment I have mixed feelings. One the one hand we the chance to be part of a brand new purpose built, no expense spared, academy school and on the other we will have a new hot shot head teacher and be part of a large school offering education from 4-18 yrs.

5 comments:

Jennytc said...

Sounds interesting, Rosie, but watch out for the ;go-getter' head teacher. Hope he/she's not the sort who thinks you should be living on the job 24/7!

Rosie said...

It will be interesting to see if they find anyone to take the job on. Isn't there supposed to be a shortage of headteachers?.

Jennytc said...

That's true, Rosie. Sensible people wouldn't touch the job with a bargepole - which just leaves the paranoid personality disorder types....! You have been warned. ;)

Lois said...

Well it is friday tomorrow, hope you had a good week, and feel okay about the changes that you learned about since last friday. Things dont usually stay the same nowadays. I suppose some change is good, hopefully any change in your school will be for the best.

Lois x

Anonymous said...

Could be change for the better - new direction, new opportunities and all that. We have one of those academies in our borough and it seems to be doing OK in quite a challenging community. I know I'm a week late but I hope this weekend is proving to be a good one for you.