Back to the old days?

Back in the 80's I used to make my own clothes and occasionally something for my sons. This evening on the local news a name from the past cropped up. Clothkits provided me many years ago with a simple outfit I could make myself without too much effort.
It has been relaunched and according to the news item is becoming popular again. I don't think I would make my own clothes again nowadays although I know some people do but I wonder if the new Clothkits will catch on? The little girls dresses are cute though.

2008

4 comments:

Rosie said...

oh, wow, rosie, that is a 'blast from the past' - I used to buy clothkits stuff too, I've still got a pretty quilted jacket I made from a kit in the 80s - I don't wear it now but I can't bear to part with it - I also bought some of their ready made things, too. I didn't realise that they had started up again - thanks for the link:)

carolyn said...

The last item of clothing I made for myself was a dress back when I was 12!
I do however think that making ones own clothes is going to catch on again, according to John Lewis the sale of sewing machines has greatly increased this year our newspaper states that this is due to people attempting to find more frugal ways of living in an attempt to combat fuel prices!

Jennytc said...

I remember those! I used to make nearly all my children's clothes when they were little in the early 80s. Don't think I'd want to start again now though.

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

My mother made me clothkits clothes when I was a lass but my most treasured clothkits item was a cat rag toy that I still have.. made circa 1960's.

Michele