One lovely fine sunny day in April. (When was that then, did I miss it? It always seems to be raining, windy. cold, even snowing here) A little girl named Rosie went fishing with her dad, Bert Biggs.
(What's this then this is more like it.) A huge gust of wind blew Rosie's hat into the mud. Rosie started to cry which made her dad pretty cross.
(Rosie was a spoilt little madam and had a tantrum) She was very unhappy and ran away from her dad into the woods. There she came across an old tortoise and 3 hares. (Yes hares, that's bunnys with big ears and OK, so you don't get many tortoises in the woods but this is a story)
They told her that to get home she needed to catch the 2.25 steam train from The Island of Sodor. (No I wouldn't believe talking tortoise and 3 hares either).
So Rosie ignored them and walked all the way home. When she got there her dad was waiting with her mum. They where so cross with her that she had run off that they sent her straight to bed. (Just what she deserved) Rosie didn't care she was going to meet a rabbit tomorrow. They were going to a plant radish. (Can hardly wait, sounds really exciting doesn't it?
Rosie closed her eyes and made a wish that it would soon be the morning. (Silly girl doesn't she know only fairies can make wishes come true).

THE END
To find out what that was all about and assure yourselves I have not gone mad pop over to Sal's Snippets and perhaps have a go yourselves.

4 comments:
You have the perfect name for this!
Carolyn
http://willowhouse.typepad.com
I like your comments to the book titles. I guess if I was to have a go I'd find the same books. The only one I can think of at the moment without looking is, of course, Laurie Lee's 'Cider with Rosie':)
Thanks..I found you at last!
You came on to my blog as anonymous and I didn't know who you were!! Anyway with a bit of detective work...;-)
Thanks for taking part;-) Sal
What a fantastic idea, I love childrens books so much, such a shame my boys have passed this phase in their reading.
Post a Comment