Rain rain go away...

All it seems to be doing just lately is raining and I am getting fed up with it. Please can we have some sunshine now. The boys got soaked at Le Mans last weekend and I have spent the week washing their wet clothes and sorting out the muddy tent they brought back. Tell me how do I dry clothes when it's friggin' raining every single day?. I'm trying to do my it to save the planet, I downsized house and disposed of my dishwasher and tumble dryer. Sacrificing the feel of lovely soft warm towels as they come out of the dryer for the freshly smelling ones that come off the washing line. But for the last week, every time I put them on the line the bloomin' rain decides to fall. If this is the way things are going to continue then sod the planet I'm off to purchase another tumble dryer.

I was sorry to hear that Boscastle in Cornwall has again been flooded thankfully not as bad as in 2004. I spent the last couple of summers there and it is a beautiful place with great pubs and friendly residents. I am a little sad that I won't be returning this Summer to walk along the stunning cliff tops and feast on the Cornish cream teas but pastures new are calling.

3 comments:

Jennytc said...

Poor you with all that washing. hope the boys didn't also go to Glastonbury!

Anonymous said...

Oh I know how you feel it only takes a couple of days rain and I'm left with heaps of washing, talk about flaming June eh?

Rosie said...

The boys didn't go to Glastinbury but went to Goodwood Festival of Speed on Sunday. It rained all day and they were soaked and covered in mud. I am banning them from going anywhere nexy weekend.