Dress for confidence

I bought two dresses on Saturday. That's right two. For anyone that knows me you will know that for years now I prefer jeans and t shirts to dresses. When I was young I would wear them but along came children and life and it was more practical and comfortable to wear jeans. Then I had the party to go to. For weeks I convinced myself that a pair of black velvet jeans would be fine. Then suddenly last week panic set in and I started to think that I would look like Cinderella before the transformation. So after getting up at the crack of dawn and going to help Penny with the catering for the party I headed for Canterbury yet again but this time with the intention of coming back with a party dress.
I headed for Monsoon first and amazingly with minutes found two dresses that I liked the look of. As you all know girls just seeing a dress on the rails isn't enough to know if it will look good or fit so I went to try them on. I was so happy to find that not only did they fit but that I really liked them both. So instead of buying one dress I thought what the heck bought them both
Next problem was what shoes to wear with them, accessories like necklaces and perhaps some sexy lingerie as they both have low cut necklines. So several hours and several pounds lighter I went home with something to wear for my night out, plus a pair of dainty kitten heeled shoes, a necklace, braclet and a heavily padded fushia pink Ultimo bra. The low cut dresses need help to stop them looking like a couple of sacks on me. I was at the back of the queue when the boobs were being handed out.
So I decide on the black and white dress for my night out. It doesn't look much in the picture I know but it's a beautiful soft silk material and trust me looks better on.
It was a fabulously happy fun filled night celebrating a birthday of a dear friend. I did take pictures but they are on my other computer and will have to wait for another day.
My whole point of the 'Dress for confidence' was that I felt so much more confident going out in a dress and far happier than I would have done in jeans. It worked for me although jeans will still form a main part of my daily attire but I do feel a whole new wardrobe coming on. I am also getting a taste for buying shoes. Not the boring flat comfy shoes I have been buying of late but the dainty, strappy ones with heels, so watch out Carrie Bradshaw.

1 comment:

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

I absolutely love wrap dresses - I think that they are so feminine and sexy. I recently did something atypical - I went and had a bunch of my clothes altered so that they are more tailored. Love it! Everything is a bit snugger but it makes me feel like I have more of a shape:-)