Money money money or is that moany moany moany?

Bloody interest rates going up now.!!!! What next? I downsized homes about 16 month ago I was looking forward to a decrease in my gas, electricity, council tax, water bills etc. but since the move they have all gone up and up and up. So much I am no better off and infact I am worse off. My wages won't be going up by much. I'll be lucky enough to get an increase of couple quid extra in my month salary and that won't be until later this year.

Then I have to find out that David Beckham will earn 70 THOUSAND POUNDS A WEEK at his new club in Los Angeles. But of course he says he is not doing it for the money. Yeh right ! I would be.

A Teaching Assistants pay is rubbish. Ok that's it I need plan to get more money. I think that programmes on tonight on Beeb 2 about paying off your mortgage in two years. Im interested to find out if the people who took part have managed it. One couple saved money by eating nettle soup and elderflower fritters, Yuk! Not sure I have the stomach for going to that extreme and I can just imagine the comments when I serve up nettle soup to the family. No I think it's up in the loft to see what I can sell on ebay.

5 comments:

Dancingbabe said...

I bloody agree... teaching assistant money is pants... who else would WANT to look after the little boggers...without needing a strong sedative in the morning... as for the bloody mortgage rate and the f....king new idea that bloody Blair has had to fix mile controls on the car well i best commit the most hienous crime and try and secure my place in the nearest nick... least i wont have to pay the pigging council tax someone who earns a million dollars a bloody week can do it. Christ i dont know about bloody soap box i need a BIG FAT CRANE with a sound system to carry my views broadside cos i've just about had enough of the labour government stick to what you know Blair ... how to have a good time with some other buggers holiday home and forget to come home and while your there stick Cheire on top of the nearest high tower we can use her to throw darts at, shes not worth much more than a double 7...

CS said...

People eat nettles? That seems, um, painful. And I'm not even sure what elderflowers are, but must be like squash blossom fritters - which are interesting but hardly the core of a balanced diet. So, maybe that's not the answer after all. We downsized ten years ago and paid off our mortgage in 5 years by not doing much else. There's nothing quite like having young kids to keep you from squandering your money on things like travel or going out!

Anonymous said...

I'm fascinated by this program.

Rosie said...

csl: hanks for stopping by. I think squash blossom maybe simlar. Not particlarly appetising. Love the pics on your blog.

Rosie said...

Carolyn: Thanks for dropping by. I
wil be watching very week to see if I can pick up any ideas to pay off my mortgage.I watched the first series and can't wait to see how many were successful.