Monday


Had a really good day today as I went on a Reading for Well-being workshop. The idea is a group of parents sit and listen to someone reading a short story and then you discuss it. It can bring up all sorts of things depending on the story. I will give you and idea of one of the stories that can be used A Pair of Silk Stockings.  So many questions and ideas came from this story. Like where did she get the money from? Had she once had money and found herself in reduced circumstances?  Then a poem that ties in with the story is read to everyone.  In two weeks I am going back for the second part of the workshop and I have to take along a story and a poem of my own to use. With ideas for creative writing to go with it and I am looking forward to do some research.





I have A Little Aloud an excellent book of short stories and poems already but I welcome any help so please recommended any that you think I maybe able to use.
I have been to a Reading Group before and came away feeling positive and relaxed. Everyone there today said how much they enjoyed having someone read to them. 
I hope to run a  Reading for Well-being Group with the parents at school soon. At other school where this has been used the parents who never read have started to read more and also read to their children . Those that love reading have started tor read different genres.
Should be fun x

No comments: