My family

I have spent a lot of time looking in to my family tree recently. It has been very interesting and I have managed to trace some of my ancestors back to the early 1700's. I have I think uncovered one secret (ssh, don't say anything but I think my grandparents didn't get married until my dad was 2yrs old and he wasn't the eldest of their children) and now know far more about my family.
Here is a photo taken in Germany when I was 10yrs old with my mum,dad and my dad's family.  My aunt married a German prisoner of war and went to live there in the late 50's much to the disgust of my grandmother at the time. She had had two sons fighting in the war and there was still a lot of hostility around to the German people. They were reconciled later on and Uncle Walter became a much loved member of my family.I loved going to to stay with them and on the last night we would have a party. The dog ( I know it's difficult to tell what it it is) I am hugging was my aunt's poodle Jackie.

No comments: