I was asked last month to go along to Zumba a new dance fitness craze at the senior part of my school.I have to say I have tried other fitness classes, yoga and going to the gym but this has got me hooked. I go there tired and a little depressed thanks to work, the weather and the Jan/ Feb blues and come out energized and buzzing. We dance to about 8 tracks one after another. The final track being a wind down and stretch to New York by Paloma Faith which we all sing along to. I can recommend it to anyone of all ages and sizes if you have a class in your area try it. This commercial is exactly what it is like!
Since Christmas work has at times been so busy and exhausting that I come home and go to bed really early. At the weekend I switch off and relax and get ready for the following week. Hopefully things will ease up in the next week or two especially as we have a week of soon.
Last week I started going to a reading Club as part of my job. Yep I am getting paid to enjoy myself and relax. The thought behind it is that we Family Liaison officers can run our own Reading Group for parents to come along and have some 'Me time'. Someone reads a short story out loud to the group and then you discuss it and any relevance to everyday life. An interesting concept but very enjoyable. This weeks story was A Pair of Silk Stockings. I have made a link in case you want to read it yourself. Written in 1894 it is something that I can relate to in this day and age.
Tonight is the last Larkrise to Candleford which is sad but understandable as I would hate for the quality not to be as good. Characters leave and do other things like the actor playing Robert Timmins now being in Downton Abbey instead.
I have now stopped watching Eastenders and Coronation Street after countless years of faithful following and I am pleased I weaned my self away. I wasn't enjoying the stories or the shouting but after following for more years than I care to remember it wasn't easy. I did watch Corrie's 50th episode and felt a little disappointed that some characters survived like Tracy and Nick. You may disagree but my time is now used for other things less stressful.
Have a good week. xxxx

No comments:
Post a Comment