It's been a long week

Today saw the official opening of our new school and I felt proud that I had been a part of the team that made it come about. It was only a year ago that at a governors meeting we were asked to consider the possibility of being part of the first all age academy in Kent. It took a lots of meetings, discussions. I questioned everything not wanting to make the wrong decision. We finally decided the children in our school could only gain from it. There was a poem read out by several of the children about their hopes and dreams. The new principal talked of giving them the belief that anything is possible. At the end of the ceremony the sound of Heather Small singing 'What have you done today to make you feel proud' made me realise it was the right decision. Looking around at the children in their new uniforms and the smiles on their faces. I can't remember the last time I felt as proud.

3 comments:

Lois said...

That was a great post Rosie. It is good to have some milestone successes to keep us going, sound like this is one for you.
Love you new header

Lxx

Josie-Mary said...

Glad you're happy now, I know you were really worried about the change. :)

Rosie said...

Lois- Thankss I hope you and the family are well. x
Josie- You're right I was worried but so far so good. x