The weather was warm and sunny last weekend so we decided to make the most of our National Trust membership and headed to Knole in Sevenoaks.
One of the things I enjoy at the National Trust properties is not just wandering around the lovely old buildings and walking in delightful gardens it is visiting the restaurants for lunch or tea and then going the shop to look at all the gifts. I do occasionally by something. This year they are selling Cath Kidston Rose Hand Cream and every shop seems to have a tester along with a few other of her things. I might just treat myself to it one of these days but in them meantime I will make do with testing it at every National Trust property I visit.
4 comments:
We have some lovely N.T. properties in Devon, too.There's something very civilised about wandering around one of these places on a Sunday.
Hope you are well ;-)
Great photos - looks like a lovely day. I remember visiting Knole quite a few years ago now when we were on holiday down there - also Sissinghurst, Scotney and Ightam Mote - there are so many lovely NT properties in your region - I think we certainly got value for money from our membership that year:)
we have exactly one 'heritage' building in the city that I live in that serves Tea etc. I go there every chance I get to have some scones or today I had a wonderful mushroom soup, with french bread and coffee.
They have discontinued their gift shop mostly. I took my Cath Kidson cataloque and looked at it while I waited for my food and left it behind for the next person as I had looked at it enough.
I think that doing what you mentioned will be what I love most about the UK when I finally visit.
My neighbour just returned and said you have much nicer weather at the moment compared to us. So I imagine that the gardens are just getting nice.
I love Knowle I used to visit a lot when I lived near Kent.
Post a Comment