Oh dear


I started off the holiday really well. I walked everyday and was careful what I ate. It went well to start off with and my jeans began to feel more comfortable and I felt healthier than I had for ages.

Then of course came the holiday away and I walked miles and was very good with what I ate even though there were temptations. But no it wasn't that that became my downfall it was when I returned home. The weather was wet and miserable, the family all went back to work, the credit crunch happened. I could go on but I won't. Anyway I avoided the scales and today I plucked up courage and weighed myself and I am exactly the same as as was before my holidays. Good I suppose I haven't put on more weight but not the target I set myself 6 weeks ago.

Never mind its back to the chalk face next week and as I spend a lot of my day walking around a large school. I should be back on target very soon. That's if the staffroom doesn't have the usual doughnuts and chocolate waiting for us like it usually does. Then it will be really tough as I should add that doughnuts and cholocate appear when its someones birthday, to say thank you for something, on the first day back after the holidays, because its a Monday, because it's a Friday, because it's raining and even last term because it was an ex husbands birthday and they were glad they didn't have to buy him a present. What hope have I got?

3 comments:

Jennytc said...

None, Rosie, so just give in and enjoy - in moderation. ;)

Lois said...

Will power never seems to go the distance does it?

Read this if you haven't already. I found it such a chuckle. She is a great writer.
http://janepetticoatlane.blogspot.com/
Sorry not sure how to link here. Her blog is on my list if this doesn work for you.
Good luck with the donuts. It seems according to statistics here that there are more people that deal with having to battle their weight than there are skinny minnies around, so take comfort, you are not alone.
Lois

Rosie said...

Jenny- I think I have no option but to give in. Not very good at moderation though.
Lois- Thanks for your comments. I agree Petticoat Lane is really good writer.Wish I was as funny.