Grumpy? not me.

We weren't planning to go to see the stage show Grumpy Old Women last night. I had thought about about it fleetingly and then decided that it was a little expensive. However it surprising how quickly things can change. For those who don't know what I ma talking it's nothing to do with the film starring Walter Matthau it's a programme on BBC2 Grumpy Old Men and Women famous people talking about how over the years we all change and become less tolerant we become in certain situations.
YS is home for the weekend, partly to sort a few things out like his car and partly because he wanted to come home for a couple of days of being looked after and get some washing done. Anyway we were out shopping for a few things when his phone rang and he started chatting to the person at the other end.

YS: Ok yeh I'll see she get it it. Text the details to me. '

I didn't think anything more of it until...

YS: Can we call at the Leas Cliff Hall on the way back. Sam's mums there tonight and I need to get this MOT certificate to him. '

ME: Is she going to be in the audience?

YS: Don't know, who's Denise Black?

I thought for a few minutes .

ME: It's the woman who plays Ken Barlows ex, the one he had a son with and isn't she one of the Grumpy Old Women?

YS: I don't know who she is. She's Sam's mum is all I know and I need to get the MOT for the car he bought from me, to her today, that all.

To cut a long story short OH and I ended up going along to watch the show. It was great and Sam, you have a very funny mum even if she is grumpy sometimes but then aren't we all sometimes?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear whenever I see these grumpy old programs on TV I scare myself - me grumpy, surely not?