After a breakfast of pastries and coffee on Saturday morning we caught the tube to London bridge and went to one of my favourite markets . We love walking around the stalls and sampling the cheeses, fruit,chocolate, pickles and sauces. We had lunch at one of the stalls selling salads and pies and then headed to a cafe overlooking the river for coffee an watch the world go by. The view from the South Bank across the Thames is amazing with the old and new buildings as far you can see and the river boats trundling up and down.We didn't do much else for the rest of the day except go across the river and slowly walk down to the Houses of Parliament.

Sunday morning OH decided he want to take a look at Brick Lane. All I can say is that after 5 minutes I announced I never want to go there again. It was extremely busy, very noisy and the stalls seemed to have what I can only describe as reject items from a tacky boot fair. Sorry if you love it there. Maybe I just didn't find the right part to see it at it's best. The plan had been to carry on to Columbia Road Market for some flowers but I'd lost the will to care and we headed back empty handed and slightly disillusioned .
2 comments:
I love Brick Lane..but I agree it is a 'special' place and you need to go there with a sort of curious mind and a willingness to put up with the crowds.
That's a lovely photograph.
I soon give up the will to care if market shopping especially with my husband who always tries to "negotiate" a deal!
Post a Comment