Schools out for summer



The summer break is here. Ive not been blogging as I've been so busy. I have been reading other peoples though. Amongst those I'm following Wendz who's fallen head over heels in love, Tree fall who's in the early stages of pregnancy, Cupcakes who's packing up her home in her in the south and heading for a new life in Scotland, Carolyn with her stories of flower festivals and book finds and loads more. Thanks to all of you.

I have really been enjoying my job even though at times it can be hard. Two 8 year olds at school have parents who are terminally ill and may have only weeks left. I can not begin to image how tough it is for them. I found it hard enough to cope when my parents died and I was nearly 40. We do what we can and try to maintain some stability for them. I enjoy the diversity of the job of pastoral support and am pleased I made the decision to move into it. I have done some sort counselling courses but hope to do more this next year.

Yesterday was the first day of the holidays and I went to the 'Pure Indulgence Spa' and had a massage, facial and manicure. Today I'm off to the hairdressers for a complete overall.


Tomorrow we are off to a wedding in Croydon . A few years back Don lived with us for 6 months whilst his family moved away and he has been on holiday with us a few times, so he is like a mmeber of the family. Plus he is ES closest friend and he is going to be his best man . So an emotional day ahead for us.




Next week It will be taking time to catch up with a few friends at my favourite coffee bar 'Wild for Flowers' and or perhaps do a little painting or maybe reading a book, before heading off to London for the weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a busy but lovely time - enjoy that wedding.

Jennytc said...

Enjoy the school holidays! :)