
I've just spent four days alone. Now I know lots of people do this all the time but for me this is the first time I have ever been totally alone. No OH, no sons and no pets. I have always had someone or something with me to talk to even f the humans were away. I'd have had my dog or cats to ramble on to. But sadly my dog George died a couple of years ago and then my cat Fred earlier this year. We live in a small house with tiny garden and it would be unfair to have a pet at the moment. But I do miss them.
I have filled my time with the usual washing and cleaning but I have also indulged in reading, dancing around the house to my fav music, watching 'chick flicks' and eating what I wanted, when I wanted. I've spoilt myself and thought what the hec and talked to myself out loud.
The boys have been spending their at The Le Mans 24 Hour Race standing for hours in the pouring rain, walking for miles before crashing out in a damp tent on a noisy campsite with limited shower faculties. I love going motoracing with them but I do have my limits. I've been able to watch the race from the comfort of my sofa or bed with a book on my lap and a glass of wine or mug of hot chocolate. Guess where I'd rather be?
They house is noisy, untidy and bursting at the seams when they are all home but without them its too tidy, too quite and far to empty.
I really must get a cat for the next time I am on my own.
I have filled my time with the usual washing and cleaning but I have also indulged in reading, dancing around the house to my fav music, watching 'chick flicks' and eating what I wanted, when I wanted. I've spoilt myself and thought what the hec and talked to myself out loud.
The boys have been spending their at The Le Mans 24 Hour Race standing for hours in the pouring rain, walking for miles before crashing out in a damp tent on a noisy campsite with limited shower faculties. I love going motoracing with them but I do have my limits. I've been able to watch the race from the comfort of my sofa or bed with a book on my lap and a glass of wine or mug of hot chocolate. Guess where I'd rather be?
They house is noisy, untidy and bursting at the seams when they are all home but without them its too tidy, too quite and far to empty.
I really must get a cat for the next time I am on my own.
1 comment:
I know just what you mean about the house being too empty and quiet when they are away. Howwever I'm never alone as we have such a huge menagerie.
Post a Comment