On the blog

OH sat quietly reading the TV supplement from Saturdays newspaper yesterday afternoon. Suddenly he raised his eyes over the top of the paper and looked at me. I looked back at him and waited. 'Your not a sad obsessive who lives in a cyber world are you?' he finally said. Worried why he had asked the question I replied sharply 'No, why do ask?'.
'Its' a new radio programme starting this week starring Caroline Quentin about people who blog' he replied. 'that's how the paper decribes people the who blog in the programme'.
Concerned that I just might be turning into one of these people I think It's time to stop blogging.
If you want to listen to the programme for yourselves then below is the information from the BBC 2 website.

ON THE BLOG
Thursdays, 23:30-00:00 Repeated Saturdays at 13:30 Six parts (3 May-7 Jun)


Caroline Quentin, Andy Taylor and Simon Greenall star in Radio 2's new comedy series about how computers and the Internet are gradually infiltrating every aspect of people's lives. Both a sitcom and a wicked satire of the internet's many absurdities, On The Blog's 'hero' is Andrew Glasgow, the assiduous keeper of a 'blog'. Part confessional and part performance, blogging has been heralded as the biggest revolution in journalism since the invention of radio but, as Andrew demonstrates, it's really just a jamboree for the kind of people who write round-robins at Christmas and also a massive repository of staircase wit. Andrew blogs obsessively about his life and loves. In his case, this is a collection of military war-gaming enthusiasts, some tiny painted pewter soldiers, his terrifying Czech mother and the mysterious Mr Demjanjuk
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rosie you are certainly not sad and obsessive, your not really going to stop blogging are you?

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Oh eek, I hope I am not becoming one of those people, too. Yikes.