
A few weeks ago I shared the secret with you, that I was a chocoholic. I felt so much better afterwards that I haven't felt the urge to indulge since. I don't understand it, No cravings. nothing. I even turned down the chance to have a drink of hot chocolate today when offered.
So I thought it might help with another one of my problems .
I am one of the most disorganised or is that disorganized? (I'll discuss how American spelling is influencing British spelling at another time) people I know. I have tried to change and always start off with every good intention. But I always slip back into my old ways. I make list of what I am going to do, plan every step but rarely manage to complete more than a couple things on the list before my mind goes on to other things. I try to put paper work into the correct files but after a few weeks I find myself putting them all into one big box. I've always a last minute person even when given weeks to arrange things.
I read the blogs of people who are very organised and take pride in showing files clearly marked with their contents or the views of their neatly organised workroom or kitchen. Today Cherry on tales of Pixie Wood is even telling us all how she has her books organised into colours. I set out to make my place look equally neat and tidy but it never works out.
Don't get me wrong my house is not untidy and I can find my passport or the an old bank statement if I need to. Although it will take a few minutes whilst I rifle through the boxes in the cupboard underneath my shoes and handbags. My draws are cluttered, the cupboards higgledy. piggledy and the wardrobes packed to the brim.
All in all I am hoping that this confession will trigger something in my brain into reprogramming itself. Either that or I wll be so ashamed that I will have to do something to sort myself out. Then maybe tomorrow I will get up and set to and get everything sorted out once and for all. It's worth a try!
2 comments:
Oh dear your disorganization sounds nothing compared to mine, my house is untidy and I have no idea where my passport is - somewhere safe!
Sigh, I so wish I were super organized, too.:-(
Post a Comment