
We went shopping today and I remembered to take a few photo's of my favourite places in all the world. You can keep Bluewater and those other dull shopping malls. Canterbury has all the major shops and cafes etc. and yes, that is Starbucks right next to the cathedral entrance. It has a lovely new shopping centre Whitefriars plus it also has a myriad of quaint old streets filled with delightful exclusive shops, restaurants
and bars. I never tire of going there.
I got some Caramel Apple Room Fragrance in the sales at Crabtree and Evelyn. It reminds me so much of warm apple pie and of my trips to America. Other half bought me a lovely teal cardigan from one of my favourite shops Kew and he also bought me a very haughty wooden duck who goes by the name of Mungo from The National Trust shop.
The weather was so mild we ate our lunch sitting on the outside tables of a cafe and watching the world pass us by. Then home in time for tea.
5 comments:
I've never been to Canterbury, it looks wonderful. Love that duck!
it's been so long that i was last in canterbury - i want to go back!
but STARBUCKS ? ouch (OK, i like the place, but only because i live in a country without starbucks - yet ...).
i miss the place - all three of brothers went to King's .... (don't judge me by that - please!)
This sounds like a really lovely day:-)
How pretty. Sounds like a wonderful day.
Thanks for all the lovely comments but I think I lead a fairly boring life in comparison to the blogs I read. If any of you haven't ever visited Canterbury. I hope you get the chance one day. let me know if you are.
Zoe- I hope you can revisit sometime. It's still much the same but we have the new Whitefriar's shoppping centre and the pupils from King's still wander the streets everyday.
Post a Comment