Christmas has arrived


Finally got around to putting up the tree and decorations today. It all looks lovely and I will take a photo when I find the camera. It's disappeared into the black hole known as Jay's bedroom. Somewhere in the rubble of clothes, college stuff, cd's and bits and pieces that really should be in a garage it's hiding.
Yesterday my other half and I had a jolly time Christmas shopping in Canterbury. I love the city any time of the year but with the Salvation Army playing, lights twinkling and lots of hustle and bustle in the old narrow streets it was perfect. I got a few presents including something for the secret Santa at work. A new shop has opened called Ringtons near the cathedral. I got a tin of Christmas Gingerbread Hot chocolate drink. We bought one for ourselves which we opened and had a mug of whilst putting up the decorations. Still a few things left to get so hope to fit in another trip before the big day.
Central Heating boiler is finally mended thanks to British Gas. I called out a plumber who lives in the next street . He called round told me what was wrong and said he would return next day and never did. Anyway I now have a maintenance contract with BGas and they repaired it the day after I made the phone call. I am now as warm as toast. Finally can somebody tell me, why no matter how many mince pies I make, when I want to have one there are never any??

No comments: